One of the most common questions we get is "Where do I place the device"? Follow the guide below and you should have no problem tracking your Bolt.
- Never wrap the Bolt in foil, or any other metal material. This will severely limit or eliminate GPS and cellular signals required for operation.
- Avoid placing the Bolt in an area completely surrounded in metal.
- Do not submerge the Bolt in water or any other liquid.
- Place on a flat metal surface, rounded or jagged surfaces may significantly reduce the strength of the magnets.
- Do not place Bolt in an area where the front side (side LED light and label) is in direct contact or close proximity to metal.
- Do not place within two feet of any vehicle exhaust components, engine components, or moving parts. This may permanently damage the Bolt.
- Place the Bolt in a location where the front side (side with LED light and label) is facing either the ground, or the side of the vehicle.
- Do not place the Bolt in an area where the front of the device is facing up toward the vehicle.
Still have questions, contact Datablaze Support.