The Datablaze Web Portal allows users to control device they are tracking remotely. All devices share the same three commands, with the exception of the Bolt. The Bolt offers a Power Off option in place of Reboot.
NOTE: Powering off the Bolt with the Power Off command will require the user to attach the charger in order to power the Bolt on again.
- Login to the Datablaze Web Portal at https://my.datablaze.com or CLICK HERE.
- Depending on your account settings you may be taken to the Group Map, or the Device List. If you are on the Group Map, click the menu button at the top-left of the screen, then click "Devices".
- On the Device List, click on the name of the device you would like to send a command to.
- On the Device Dashboard the Send Commands window is on the right side in the middle of the screen.
- Click the radio button next to the command you like to send, if selecting the "Set GPS" option, also select the GPS interval you would like to set from the dropdown box on the right.
- Next, click "Send".
- Watch the "Live Device History" window on the left-bottom of the Device Dashboard. A successful command will return "Device Acknowledgment: Call Reason = Remote Command Received".
|Set GPS||The Set GPS command offers the user the ability to change the GPS reporting interval on the device. Interval options depend on the service plan your device is currently set to. The fastest interval available is 5 seconds. However, you may only see options for as fast as every 10 seconds, or every 1 minute. To learn how to change your service plan CLICK HERE.|
|Get Current Location||The Get Current Location command will request a new location report from the device. NOTE: The device may not be able to send a location if it cannot get a GPS signal. In this case, the device will not send any reports after the request.|
|Reboot||The Reboot command will send a reboot request to the device.|
|Power Off||The Power Off command will power off the Bolt. (only available on Bolt devices).|