The Device Groups step of the Device Setup is used to create groups of devices. If you have multiple devices on your account, follow the instructions below to setup device groups. Device Groups can be used to separate devices into groups that make sense for your use. For example, if you have 10 devices that spread across two regions, setup a Device Group for each region and separate the devices into the two groups.
NOTE: Users also have the ability to setup sub-user accounts that can only see specific Device Groups.
Getting to the Device Setup page:
To get to the Device Setup follow the instructions below:
- Login to the Datablaze Web Portal at https://my.datablaze.com.
- Click the menu icon at the top left of the screen, then select "Devices".
- From the Device List, click on the name of the device you would like to setup.
- From the Device Dashboard, click the menu icon at the top left of the screen, then select "Setup" under the Device header.
- Next, click "5 Device Groups" in the wizard header.
Create Device Groups:
- First, click the "Add" button at the bottom-left of the window.
- Next, enter a name for the Device Group, then click "Create".
- The Group name will show in the Saved Groups box on the left.
- Next, select the devices you would like to add to this group from the Ungrouped Devices box on the right by checking the box next to the device name.
- Next, click the left-arrow button to add the device to the group.
- Verify, all device selected are now in the group contents box.
Edit Device Groups:
- To edit a saved Device Group, click on the Group name in the Save Groups box on the left to highlight it.
- Next, select any device(s) you would like to remove from the group in the Group Contents box.
- Next, click the right-arrow button to remove the device(s) from the group.
- To add device(s) to the group, select the device(s) from the Ungrouped Devices box on the right.
- Next, click the left-arrow to move the device(s) to the Group Contents box.
- To edit the name of the group, edit the existing name in the Group Name box.
- Finally, click the "Save" button on the bottom of the window.